Roseland University Prep is a small college preparatory high school located in the heart of the Roseland Community. Roseland University Prep opened in 2004 with the purpose of giving each student the opportunity to take college prep classes which would prepare them to attend a four-year university. The mission of Roseland University Prep is to offer students a small learning community with the promise to help support high school graduation and preparation for college. Our mission is driven by four basic principles: Academic Excellence, Individualized Learning, Shared Commitment, and a Small Learning Environment.
- Knowledgeable Achievers. Students are academically prepared for college and have met or exceeded the standards in all of their classes. Students create a plan for their life after graduating from Roseland Prep High School.
- Noble Leaders. Students contribute time and energy to being a positive leader within their community.
- Informed and Effective Communicators. Students understand different genres of writing, write for a variety of purposes and audiences, and speak in front of groups with confidence.
- Goal-Oriented Thinkers. Students transfer learned skills to new situations, completed projects using a variety of resources, and have developed solutions to problems by demonstrating patience, initiative, and resilience.
- Healthy, Self-Directed Adult. Students set and work toward realistic and appropriate goals for themselves and make wise decisions for physical, mental and emotional health.
- Thoughtful Collaborators. Students actively seek to stay informed, and find solutions to problems and concerns in their immediate and extended community. They initiate and respond to change in a productive and positive manner.